TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Nickelodeon Rudra Magic Mania Contest (“Contest”)
- This Contest is organized by Viacom18 Media Pvt. Ltd. (“Organizer”) and is open to all individual participant (“Participants”) who as on the date of participation in this Contest:
- Is a citizen of India
- Is between the age group of 6 years to 14 years of age;
- Is a permanent resident of India;
- Is a viewer of the channel “Nickelodeon” (“Channel”);
- Is a mobile/landline subscriber of Airtel, Vodafone, Aircel, Idea, BSNL, MTNL Mumbai, Jio, Loop and Tata (“Service Provider”)
- Participation by minors will be deemed as participation with the prior unconditional consent and knowledge of the Participant’s parents/guardian. It is made abundantly and evidently clear that such Participants are participating in the Contest with the consent and assistance of their parents/guardians. Accordingly, the Participants shall provide all the necessary documents/proof as required by the Organizer upon its request in this regard. The validity of such proof shall be determined by Organizer at its own discretion. All the Terms and Conditions, Rules applicable on Participants/Shortlisted Participant/Winner shall deemed to also apply on the parents/guardians of such Participants/Shortlisted Participant/Winner.
- The Contest shall be held every Monday to Friday commencing from 20 PM on October 14, 2019 and shall conclude at 7.59 PM on November 8, 2019 (“Contest Period”). Each day of the Contest (“Daily Contest”) during the Contest Period shall commence at 7.20 PM on that day and end at 7:59 PM on the same day (“Daily Contest Period”). Any entries received after the Daily Contest Period shall not be entertained and will be considered as an invalid entry and shall be considered ineligible for the Contest.
- Modes of Participation: To participate in the Daily Contest, a Participant needs to do all of the following:
- Watch the show “Rudra-Boom Chik Chik Boom” (“Show”) on the Channel during the Daily Contest Period.
- Spot the Aston which will be flashed during the Show containing a specific mobile number (“Unique Mobile Number”).
- Give missed call on the Unique Mobile Number during the Daily Contest Period. Higher number of missed calls on the Unique Mobile Number during the Daily Contest Period increases the probability of being selected as a Daily Contest Winner (as defined later) for the Contest, however subject to the terms and conditions of the Contest.
- An entry will be considered valid only if the (a) Participant has given the missed call on the Unique Mobile Number during the Daily Contest Period, from a valid landline/mobile number registered with Service Provider (b) Participant has strictly complied with the Contest terms and conditions (“Contest Entry”)
- Organizer may send a push SMS to the Participant for their participation in the Contest and Participant hereby acknowledges and willfully consents to receiving such push SMS.
- Selection of Shortlisted Participants: At the end of the Daily Contest Period, from amongst the Participants who have submitted a valid Contest Entry, Organizer shall select 1 (One) Participant who has given the maximum number of missed calls on the Unique Mobile Number, during the Daily Contest Period as the shortlisted participant of the Daily Contest (“Shortlisted Participants”). The Organizer shall reach out to such Shortlisted Participant for further verification of documents.
- Verification: Before being considered and declared as a Winner, the Shortlisted Participant may be contacted anytime by Organizer on their mobile/landline number from which Participant had given the missed call and such contacted Shortlisted Participant shall be required to immediately provide Organizer with such information (as asked for by the Organizer (including mobile number, e-mail address, residential address etc) and also the following documents immediately upon such request by Organizer: a) PAN card b) Proof of identity cum permanent address proof – Aadhar card / Election card/Passport/ permanent Driver’s License c) copy of NOC/consent of guardian/parent d) Birth Certificate/Identify certificate from schools such other documents as may be required by the Organizer from time to time, in such manner as required by Organizer. It is hereby clarified that information and documents shall pertain to such Participant only and not of any other person.
- Upon verification of the documents submitted by the Shortlisted Participant to the satisfaction of the Organizer, Organizer shall select and declare such Shortlisted Participant as the winner of the Daily Contest (“Winner”). Thus, a total of 20 (twenty) Winners shall be selected and declared for this Contest.
- All 20 (twenty) Winners will be announced by Organizer on November 22, 2019 directly through email/call on and/or on the Channel or any other media platform.
- For sake of clarity, Shortlisted Participant will be considered as final Winner(s) only when he/she has been specifically declared as a Winner by the Organizer and not merely when he/she has been contacted by Organizer for verification or any other purpose.
- Organizer reserves the right to disqualify a Participant/Shortlisted Participant/Winner at any time, if Organizer is of the opinion that the details and/or documents provided by the Shortlisted Participant/Winner is not to the Organizer’s satisfaction. No questions or communications shall be entertained in this regard for any reason.
- Furthermore, the Organizer may at any time either forfeit the Prize or announce another Winner in place of the originally announced Winner if:
- the documents or details of the Shortlisted Participant/Winner is not correct in the opinion of the Organizer; or
- documents so required are incomplete, misleading or untrue; or
- the Winner/Shortlisted Participant and their respective guardians, parents do not have valid documents as may be required for the purpose of the Prize;
- the Winner/Shortlisted Participant and respective guardians, do not sign the confidentiality, release letter or any other documents required, if any, by Organizer in relation to the Prize; or
- if the Winner do not approach the Organizer at the contact details provided by the Organizer, immediately upon such request by Organizer.
- Notwithstanding anything stated herein, any person who has won any one or more contests organized by or for the channels Nick, Sonic, Nick Jr. and / or Nick HD+ in the immediately preceding 24 (twenty-four) months beginning from the date of this Contest shall not be eligible to win the Contest. Further, only one person per family shall be eligible to win the Contest, subject to compliance with the terms and conditions of the Contest. In the event there are multiple Participants/Winner belonging to the same family, the Organizer shall in its sole discretion, select only 1 (one) Winner from each family, in accordance with selection mechanism set out in these Contest Terms and Conditions.
- The parents/guardians of such Shortlisted Participant/Winner(s) may be required to sign a release form in the format required by the Organizer, for and on behalf of the Winner(s). Further, such Shortlisted Participant/Winner(s) shall be required to submit to the Organizer, a document evidencing the fact that his/her participation in the Contest was approved by and was subject to the prior unconditional consent and knowledge of the his/her, parents/guardian.
- Mere participation in the Contest and making the Contest Entries does not entitle the Participants to win the Contest or the Prize. The selection process may vary and shall be as per the Organizer’s sole discretion. The Participants /Winner/Shortlisted Participant and/or any third party shall have no right to question the process of selection. The Organizer may determine the correctness, quality and validity of the Contest Entry at its own sole discretion.
- To enable registration of a Participant and/or to make the Prize available to the Winner, personally identifiable information which shall include without limitation name, complete address, date of birth, citizenship details, passport details, email address, etc. of the Participant and/or Winner (“Personal Information”) will be collected by the Organizer to enable the Organizer to administer and promote this Contest. If Participants/Winner do not truthfully provide all requested Personal Information, the Organizer may determine that such Participants/Winner are not eligible to win the Prize in this Contest.
- The Personal Information of the Participant/Winner shall be provided by the Organizer to the extent allowed by law, to others assisting the Organizer in this regard, including its affiliates, associates, authorities, agents, sponsors, employees, prize suppliers, distributors, deliverers and service providers (as applicable).
- Each Winner of the Contest would be eligible to win the Prize as set out in the table below:
|Prize||Per unit approximate cost of Prize (in INR)||Total Winners Eligible to Win Prize|
|1 (One) Magic Box
*Each Magic Box will contain approximately 3-4 items which shall be solely determined and finalized by Organizer.
- Each Winner of the Contest (as selected and declared by the Organizer) shall be entitled to only 1 (one) quantity of the Prize mentioned in the table above.
- The items in the Magic Box, brand, exact cost, form, specifications, color, size and other particulars of the Prize shall be determined by the Organizer in its sole discretion. The Organizer shall have the right to modify the Prize (or any item/element comprising the same) without assigning any reason and the Organizer shall not be held liable for the same. The decision of the Organizer in this regard will be final & binding and is non-contestable.
- Each Winner understands that entitlement to the Prize shall be subject to strict compliance of terms and conditions hereunder or otherwise specified by Organizer from time to time.
- Organizer takes no responsibility, liability or any expenses for the Winners eligible to receive the Prize.
- Prizes will be distributed at the end of the Contest Period, on such date and time as may be determined by the Organizer in its sole discretion. Organizer may in their sole discretion courier the Prize to the Winners if they so deem fit. In the event Organizer decides to courier the Prize and if for any reason, the delivery of courier is not successful, Organizer shall not be responsible or liable for the same and Participant shall be solely responsible to immediately collect the Prize from Organizer, at their sole cost. If the Winner(s) fails to collect the Prize within a period of 7 (seven) working days, it shall be deemed that he/she has forfeited the Prize. Further, Organizer shall have no further liability in relation to the Winner.
- The missed call charges (if any) applicable for missed calls from landline number/mobile number as charged by respective Service Provider shall be applicable and Organizer has not control over the same.
- The Organizer shall not be responsible in case of any network problem such as breakdown of machinery, poor network availability, disruption in the network, inconvenience/ hindrance caused, and/ or the missed call charges charged by the Service Provider or otherwise. Any dispute in connection to the same shall be settled between the Participant and the Service Provider without involving Organizer. All incidental costs, if any, that may arise from participating in the Contest will be borne by the Participant solely.
- For the purpose of clarification and avoidance of doubt, the Prize does not include any personal expenses of the Winner and their guardians and the Winner shall be responsible for any additional expenses/incidental expenses required to be incurred to avail the Prize and/or incurred otherwise.
- The Terms and Conditions of and in relation to this Contest as stated herein, is an electronic record in terms of Information Technology Act, 2000 (“Act”) and rules thereunder as applicable and the amended provisions pertaining to electronic records in various statutes as amended by the Information Technology (Amendment) Act, 2008. This is a legal and binding agreement between the Participant and Organizer, that states the terms that govern the Participant’s participation in the Contest. By making the Contest Entry, the Participant agrees to have read and understood the terms and conditions and hereby unconditionally consents, agrees and undertakes to abide, be bound by and adhere to the terms and conditions stated herein.
- The Organizer reserves the right to disqualify the Participants immediately from the Contest if Participants have supplied untruthful, inaccurate, incorrect or misleading details and/or information, of any nature and/or have failed to abide by the Rules and/or are in breach of the terms hereof.
- It is the Participants’/ Winner responsibility to ensure that their Personal Information is always updated and accurate in order to be able to receive the Prize or any notifications in time.
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances beyond the control of the Organizer if the Prize not being made available to the Winner, the Winner shall not have the right to claim any damages or monies from the Organizer and by participating in this Contest the Winner waives his/her right to make any such claims against the Organizer.
- The Participants acknowledge that they do not have any medical, physical and/or emotional condition which can jeopardize their eligibility for participation in the Contest.
- The Winner acknowledges that the Organizer shall not be liable for any mishap, injury, accident, untoward incident, physical harm of any nature, death, loss of life or limb, etc., caused to him/her in relation to/connection with this Contest and the same will not be attributed to the Organizer and the Organizer shall not be held responsible towards the same nor shall be liable to indemnify or make good any claim being raised against it, for whatsoever nature.
- Participant/Shortlisted Participant/Winner shall indemnify and keep indemnified Organizer, it’s parent company, affiliates, subsidiaries and their respective officers, directors, employees, partners etc from any and all claims, losses, expenses, damages, liabilities costs etc that may arise in relation to breach or alleged breach of any of the terms and conditions pertaining to this Contest and/or otherwise in relation to any act, omission of the Participant/Shortlisted Participant/Winner or otherwise by virtue of their participation in this Contest.
- The Prize shall not be transferable, negotiable and/or redeemable for cash. No request shall be entertained by the Organizer in this behalf. Only the Winner and no other person can claim the Prize for or on behalf of the Winner.
- Prize not honored as required or otherwise not claimed within twenty-four (24) hours or such timelines as required by Organizer after notification and/or otherwise if the Winner is not available on date, time and venue as indicated by the Organizer, the Prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner unless otherwise stated. No request shall be entertained by the Organizer in this behalf and Organizer decision shall be final.
- The Participants shall not be entitled to win the Prize simply by the reason of participating in the Contest. The selection process may be revised and shall be as per the Organizer’s sole discretion. The Participants or any third party shall have no right to question the process of selection. In the event there is a tie between two participants as final Winner, then the same shall be resolved through a random draw.
- Income tax, gift tax or any other statutory taxes, duties or levies as may be applicable from time to time, arising out of free Prize/s, shall be payable by the Organizer of the respective prize/s.
- The Organizer shall not be responsible for the quality or deficiency, manufacturing defects or other defects etc. of the Prize/s and no claim or request, whatsoever, in this respect shall be entertained by the Organizer. Standard product warranty provided by the manufacturer of the Prize will be applicable. Organizer disclaims any and all liability with respect to any defects, deficiencies or issues concerning in relation to the Prize and Participant shall directly contact the manufacturer in relation to the same without any recourse to Organizer.
- Employees (including their immediate family) of the Organizer, its affiliates and associates and sponsors, are not permitted to participate in the Contest.
- The Organizer reserves the right to change, modify the Terms and Conditions of this Contest and/ or criteria/mechanism of the Contest and/or criteria for selection of Winners, the Prize for the Contest and/or the Winners and/or the duration/ timing of the Contest, at any time at their own discretion and without any prior notice and without assigning any reason.
- The Organizer shall not entertain any questions, correspondence, enquiries on the manner of conduct of the Contest and/or selection of Winner and/or grant of the Prize in any manner whatsoever.
- Apart from the entitlement to the Prize, the Winner or his/her legal heirs will have no other rights or claims against the Organizer.
- The Participant acknowledge that he/she will not hold the Organizer and/ or any of its affiliates or agencies engaged by them with regard to this Contest liable for any loss or opportunity, monetary loss due to their participation in the Contest.
- The Organizer shall not be responsible for any loss of entries for any reason, whatsoever including, due to any problems caused by telephone lines, service providers, network breakdowns, computer service delays, interruptions, network failures or overloads, or for lost, misdirected or misplaced entries, or for entries received after the Contest Period; or for Prizes not reaching the Winner(s) due to any reasons; or for any reasons beyond the control of the Organizer.
- The Organizer is not responsible for any errors or omissions in the terms and conditions contained herein. All information provided in the Contest is provided “As is” without warranty of any kind. The Organizer makes no representations and disclaims all express, implied and statutory warranties of any kind to the Viewer and/or any third party including, without limitation, warranties as to accuracy, timeliness, completeness, merchantability, or fitness for any particular purpose.
- Under no circumstance shall the Organizer and/or their directors, employees, officers, affiliates or subsidiaries, be liable to the Participant and/or any third party for any lost profits or lost opportunity, indirect, special, consequential, incidental, or punitive damages whatsoever, even if the Organizer has been advised of the possibility of such damages. The Participant specifically agrees not to file in person/through any family member and/or any third party any applications, criminal and/or civil proceedings in any courts or forum in India against the Organizer and/or their directors, employees, officers, affiliates or subsidiaries to claim any damages or relief in connection with the Contest.
- The Participants hereby agree and undertake that they shall not accept or undertake to accept or give or undertake to give, either directly or indirectly, any gifts, commission or other favor, of any kind whatsoever, to facilitate their winning the Contest. Any knowledge of such an act shall lead to immediate disqualification of such Participants and the Organizer shall be entitled to take any and all action(s) against such Participants, as deemed fit by it.
- Participation herein is optional and voluntary at the sole discretion of the Participant and Participation in this Contest implies acceptance and compliance of all the Terms & Conditions of the Contest and the Rules.
- By participating in the Contest, the Participants and/or Winner waive all copyrights and any related rights including moral rights. The Participant consents to the Organizer’s right to click photographs, take pictures, shoot audio-visuals, tape, record, exhibit or portray them as the as or Winner/Participants. The Participants and/or the Winner further grant irrevocable consent in perpetuity to use, edit, exhibit, publish and/or exploit the aforementioned in any and all applications including advertising, commercials, promotion, stories, text, illustrations, articles and commercial exploitation, throughout the world, in any and all media, mode or format whether now existing or hereinafter developed, including but not limited to radio, broadcast and television, newspapers, magazines, and electronic media, at any time without the Participants’ and/or Winners’ further knowledge or consent and without any compensation whatsoever.
- The invalidity or unenforceability for any reason of any part of these Terms & Conditions shall not prejudice or affect the validity or enforceability of the remaining parts and each part of these Terms & Conditions is distinct and at all times severable from the rest of the Terms & Conditions.
- No waiver of any rights by the Organizer will be taken as a waiver of any other rights it may have. For instance, if the Organizer waives its right to object to a particular breach of these terms and conditions by a Participant/Winner, it does not prevent the Organizer from objecting to any other breaches by that Participant/Winner and/or or any other /Participant/Winner.
- The decision of the Organizer in connection with all aspects of this Contest (including any disputes or differences) will be final & binding and is non-contestable.
- This Contest shall be governed by the laws of India and shall be subject to jurisdiction of competent court/s at Mumbai alone.
REST OF THE PAGE HAS BEEN INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK